In recent times, users of McAfee Antivirus are facing a lot of trouble while frequently using the software. Probably this is the reason why they are planning to disable McAfee and opt for another reliable antivirus for securing their system. If you are also one of them, we would advise you instantly switch to AVG Internet Security for more enhanced security system and better results. In case, you are not aware of the procedure of replacing McAfee Antivirus with AVG Internet Security; it is recommended to you to go through the steps given below and start implementing them practically.
How to Uninstall McAfee Antivirus and Get Started with AVG Internet Security:
- Before you start the process of installing and setting up the AVG Internet Security for free, it is advisable for you to remove McAfee Internet Security. And, to remove it, you are required to click on the “Start” button, followed by selecting the option for “Control Panel” from the menu list.
- As soon as you click in Control Panel, you will be provided with different options, and you are supposed to activate the options for “Add/Remove Programs.”
- In the next step, you are supposed to download the latest version of AVG Free Anti-Virus. One thing you must keep in mind that you must remember the place where you have stored the downloaded file.
- Just after you have found the McAfee entry in the list of currently installed programs, it is a must for you to select it, followed by clicking on the button for “Change/Remove.”The removal screen might ask you for various components, so make sure that you have verified all the components for removal. Also, you are required to select all the components, and then click on the “Remove” button.
- In the next step, you need to ensure that you have restarted the computer when prompted. However, you need to ensure that you haven’t accessed the Internet until AVG Free is active.
- Now, it is the time for you to install AVG Free. For this, you need to double-click the file that was previously downloaded. Also, you will be prompted with a set of instructions that you are supposed to follow. Once the previous processes are done, the AVG might ask you to restart the computer.
- In the end, you will have to click on the “Activate” button, and you can be assured of the fact that your AVG has been installed and setup on your system.
So, you are now ready to use the AVG internet security. But, if in case, you couldn’t complete the process successfully or you got stuck in the middle of it, make sure that you have taken help from experts by giving a call on AVG customer care phone number. Avail the original number of their customer services from an online directory – Contactforhelp.