Norton 360 is known for protecting your system from all types of virus, Trojans and other malware activities. Apart from this, it also blocks the IP addresses of various systems, which are found to be suspicious about. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the user because Norton 360 can also block the IP address of a friend’s computer, or a legitimate news website in order to keep your system safe.
In order to command Norton 360 to allow trusted IP address on our system, you need to follow a certain fixed step. If you want to know what those steps are, keep reading further:
- At first you need to open the Norton 360 application, and then click on “Task and Settings” in the menu bar, followed by choosing “Change Advanced Settings” in the drop-down menu. You need to also click on “Firewall Protection Settings,” and then make sure to navigate to the tab that says “Firewall General Rules” while clicking on the “Add” button.
- Makes sure you have also chosen the “Permit” option in the next step, and then click on “Next.” Also, you need to determine whether you want this rule to apply to outgoing IPs or incoming IPs, and then click on the proper direction. You should also ensure that you have selected the “Only computers and sites listed below” option, and then clicked on the “Add” button.
- As we proceed to the next step, it’s a must for you to type in the trusted IP address that you want Norton 360 to allow passing. While you are doing this, it’s a must for you to click on OK, and then the “Next” button must be clicked.
- You most likely can leave the radio button on the default option that says “All types of communication (all ports, local and remote).” It will also indicate that this IP rule will apply to all ports. If you wish to specify a particular port, choose “Only the types of communication or ports listed below” and then clicked on the “Add” button while specifying the port you wish to use.
- Once you have completed the previous given steps, it’s your time to click on the “Next” button twice more until the final screen appears in front of you. If everything looks correct, click on the “Finish” button, and then confirm the changes by clicking on the “Apply” button. If something is wrong, push the “Back” button and then fix the choice. Later, you also need to close the application in order to complete the process.
Well, while you are implementing the given steps, there are chances that you might not understand the process and get stuck in the middle of it. So, in such a situation, all you can do is to consult experts by giving a call on Norton 360 Support phone number.