Is your QuickBooks Desktop version is often freezing or not responding at all? Various possible reasons can cause your QB program not to work or to stop working suddenly. Sometimes, a missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file, too long company name, corrupted hard disk, incorrect QuickBooks Desktop installation, and an out-of-date operating system can lead it to the problems. But the best cure to resolve such issues is that you can call at the QuickBooks customer care phone number for immediate assistance.
Let’s Understand How to Troubleshoot When QuickBooks doesn’t Open
To solve the QB freezing issue, you can try some of the troubleshooting workarounds as given below:
Way 1 – Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Utility
If you’re unable to open QuickBooks Desktop version or it’s often freezing up when performing any tasks, you should use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to find and repair the corrupted components. You can download this utility from the Intuit website. For additional details, you can consult the user’s documentation.
Way 2 – Reboot Computer and Turn off Antivirus Software Temporarily
Restarting the computer is the best method to get rid of almost all computer problems. So, you must restart your PC to fix the QuickBooks issues. If it doesn’t work, you can disable the antivirus program temporarily that may stop your QB program from opening and be working correctly. You can check the antivirus’s user’s prompts for the step-by-step directions on how to turn off the antivirus software.
Way 3 – Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
- Access the folder in which the QBWUSER.ini is stored. If you’re unable to find it, then enable hidden folders and files.
- Once found, right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file and choose the ‘Rename’ option. Insert .old in the last of the file name.
- Change the name of the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. If QuickBooks works after renaming these files, you can try to open a sample company file.
- In case the company file still won’t open, copy the file and paste it into a different folder. If you’re able to open it from there, the issue might be encountered due to the corrupted folder or the access permissions.
- If you can’t log into the file even after doing this, it’s possible that you’re trying to open a damaged company file. At such time, you should try to restore the backup instead of that file.
- If the sample company file doesn’t open, or QuickBooks won’t start, then it is likely that the actual QuickBooks program is damaged.
Way 4 – Reinstall QuickBooks
If the problems continue, you can reinstall the QuickBooks program to start afresh. You can use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to install the QB correctly. For the step-by-step directions, you can go to the Intuit’s official website and check the documentation here.
Way 5 – Create a new Windows Admin User
Sometimes, creating a new user account in Windows operating system might be helpful to fix various software-related problems. If you’re accessing the QuickBooks as an admin or it’s not working correctly at all, you must create a user account. For the detailed descriptions, you can go to the Microsoft’s official site and see the web forums and support articles.
However, if nothing else helped to fix the QuickBooks freezing issues, or you still can’t open or use it for account management, you can call on the QuickBooks online customer service number for additional help to resolve the problems.