In the era of internet technology, routers are the most commonly used devices to access high-speed internet connection. Alongside other wireless router devices, a Linksys wireless USB adapter is a well-known product used by people to make their Mac system wireless compatible so that no need to install an Airport card. This adapter device lets you to access 802.11g, 802.11b, and 802.11n networks that depend upon that what kind of device you are having.
If you are going to install it first time, the following guide must help you to complete your process successfully without any expert solution that can be gained by ringing on the Linksys customer care number. Steps are:-
- Connect the Linksys wireless USB adapter into the related USB port on your Mac system.
- Launch the preference pane of your network system to check if the Linksys adapter has been recognized automatically by your Mac as a new network port. Hit the plus button placed in the window lower-left side, it must appear as a network port option.
- Visit its official support website, in case the adapter doesn’t show as an available option, for downloading the driver for your device. Install the driver software and restart your system. Return to the Step 2.
- Insert the adapter like an active connection of Internet by hitting on the adapter and hitting ‘Create’.
- Hit the adapter in the window left side. The status information related to the adapter will display in the window right-side. Now, your adapter will automatically find the available Wi-Fi networks in the range; choose one of the ‘Network Name’ from the drop-down menu.
- Configure your Wi-Fi connection by hitting on the ‘Advanced’ button if required. All available wireless networks will automatically get connected to the adapter and configure your connection.
However, if you stuck or fail after completing a few of the steps and don’t know what’s going on or how to tackle the issues, feel free to contact Linksys service number for getting the resolution of your query. In case, if the dialed number is not giving any response, it is suggested to search alternate support number by visiting the online directory as Contactforhelp.