How to Fix TurboTax E-filing Transmission Issues
An e-file transmission problem occurs while your tax return doesn’t process even after clicking on the ‘Transmit Returns Now’ button. Although it’s a technical issue related to your system or the Internet connection, and requires the immediate resolution to e-file the tax return in a hassle-free manner.
- If you do not click the ‘Transmit Returns Now,’ you may not have a transmission problem. Your tax return can’t be e-filed for another intention, besides. At the point, TurboTax customer support will let you cover up the issue.
- If the status of the tax return is rejected or pending, you may not have a transmission problem either because your tax return created it to the IRS/ or the Electronic Filing Center.
If you want to fix the transmission issues appropriately, refer the instructions given below, which is provided by the skilled people of the Intuit customer support.
Using Wireless Connection
It’s best to e-file return using a wired broadband connection if you have. If it’s not an option, launch your browser tab or window and go to a site you haven’t opened before.
- If you aren’t able to access the site, you can restart your wireless router.
- If it doesn’t allow, turn off your system, the router, and the modem, respectively. After a minute, start your modem. Wait for another minute, and then turn on your router, and then the computer.
Resetting Your Modem and Router
Try to reset your modem and the router if you have one. It often fixes issues where the program freezes up during e-fling transmission. Here’s how to reset:
- Shut down your system and another device connected to the modem.
- Disconnect or power off your modem or the router.
- Wait for 15 to 30 seconds, so that the device has time to cycle down completely.
- Connect to or start the modem first. Wait for the lights to start until the ‘online’ or ‘ready’ light is flashing, it depends on the hardware.
- When the modem is set, connect or turn on the router if you use. Now, wait until the lights notify that it’s powered up, identified the network connection, and it’s in a ‘Ready’ state.
- Restart your system, re-launch your TurboTax program, and then try to e-file again.
If all else didn’t help, follow the steps given below in a systematic manner.
- First of all, move down to related information below to check if the error is listed here. Also, check your network connection and see that you can go to any other websites.
- TurboTax Online: – Check that you have an updated version of your browser, try to sign in and e-file using a different web browser. Also, delete cookies and search history of your browser.
- TurboTax Software: – Try closing several applications except for TurboTax, such as accelerators, virus protection and other programs functioning in the background. If you have a Windows system, try e-filing your return in the Selective Startup Mode.
Contacting TurboTax Support
If the troubleshooting steps given above didn’t solve the issues, you should communicate with the experts by dialing the TurboTax helpline number and seek the solution to troubleshoot e-file transmission problems.