Printers have immense use in both homes and offices as they are required for printing hard copies of text documents as well as pictures and graphics. These days, wireless printers make a much advanced option for the users because they reduce the mess as well as enable you to take printouts in a networking environment. This has given huge popularity to wireless printers, but at the same time, users come across problems like installation and setup, printer not printing, paper jams and ink issues, from time to time. While professional help may be needed for some of these issues, others may be tackled by users on own.
Here is how you can connect a wireless printer with a desktop computer:
Setting up a Wireless Network
- You can start by setting up a wireless network, though this is an optional part of the procedure. For this, you have to plug in the power cord of the router and then connect it with the modem according to the direction given in the user’s manual.
- Again follow the manufacturer’s instructions for installing the wireless adapter on the desktop.
- Click “Start” from task bar and then the “Control Panel”.
- From the options select “Network and Internet”, followed by clicking “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Now select “Set up a connection or network” and choose “Set up a wireless router/access point”. Now you can start the Network Wizard by clicking “Next”. Follow its instructions to finish with the setup.
Connecting the Wireless Printer
- From the task bar, click “Start”, followed by clicking the “Control Panel”.
- Now click “Hardware and Sound” and then “Printers”.
- Next click “Add a Printer” which you can see at the top of the window.
- After selecting “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer”, choose the one which you want to add.
- You will be prompted to install the printer driver and then do the same using the printer driver installationNow carry on with the instructions of the Add Printer Wizard till the end, and click “Finish” when it has been done with.
Though you can carry out the job with these steps, sometimes professional guidance may be needed with the process. You can seek the same by calling the company client support but it is common to get the number unavailable. The problem can be solved by accessing an online directory such as Contactforhelp, which provides genuine alternative numbers for reliable technical expertise.