Gmail is a free email service developed by Google. It has an intuitive interface, which allows users to send or receive emails all over the world. Users can access Gmail on the web, Gmail application and other third-party applications which synchronize email content through POP or IMAP protocols. Gmail servers automatically scan emails for multiple purposes to save the user’s time, such as for filtering spam emails and malicious emails. Today, Gmail service comes with 15 gigabytes of storage; users can send emails up to 25 megabytes and receive emails up to 50 megabytes in size.
Further, Gmail allows you to create contacts and save them under the same Gmail account help which you have. You can efficiently manage your contacts and emails under different categories as per your requirement. Also, you can sync contacts to Gmail, which allows all the connections to be available at one location and for easy access for users. Users can sync contacts from their smart-phone or by the web. Moreover, contacts can be imported and exported too in a Gmail account.
Can’t sync Gmail app: Gmail application synchronize automatically in your smart-phone and hence, the user get email notifications whenever a new email is received in the Gmail account. If your Gmail application is not syncing anymore then you might notice few listed problems:
- Cannot receive a new email or email stuck in outbox
- Getting error, ‘Account not synced.’
- Gmail application working very slow
Users can fix the problem by following troubleshooting steps which are provided below:
Check your internet connection
- It is necessary to have a working internet connection to synchronize emails. Make sure that internet is working correctly on your smart-phone. You can visit different websites in web browser of your phone to verify that internet is working.
- If you fail to visit different websites then it means you have an internet connection issue, contact your internet service provider to make it work.
Restart your device
- Sometimes when the applications are not working correctly, can be resolved merely by restarting your phone.
- Restart your device to check whether Gmail application syncs or not.
Check Gmail sync setting
- To check Gmail sync setting, open the Gmail app on your phone. On the top left corner, click on the menu button (represented as three horizontal lines), browse to setting and click on it.
- Next screen will show you different Gmail accounts if you have multiple accounts set-up.
- Click on the account name with which you are facing the issue.
- Now make sure that the box next to ‘Sync Gmail’ is checked.
Clear some space on your phone
- If your phone is running out of space then Gmail application would not sync. Clear some space on your device to fix the syncing issue of Gmail application.
- Uninstall apps which you do not use on your phone.
- Delete all the unwanted downloaded files which are available in downloads directory of your phone storage.
Check your account details
- Sometimes users forget to update their Gmail account password after updating it on the web.
- Make sure that you are logged into the application using updated account email address and password.
- If you have been asked to enter your username and password for Gmail account over and over, then use 2-step verification.
- To follow 2-step verification steps lookup for any third party website which has information of ‘2-step Gmail account verification’ and follow the steps from there.
- Else go to Gmail official website and click on ‘Can’t sign in to your Google Account,’ and follow instructions to retrieve the correct account details.
Clear Gmail cache data
- Clearing cache data of Gmail application will remove draft emails and application setting.
- Go to setting on your phone and browse for applications and click on it.
- Now browse to Gmail application and click on it.
- You will see clear data button after you click on Gmail application, click on clear data and select ok to a prompted message.
Besides, if you still having a hard time fixing the sync issue of Gmail application, then you should get assistance from Gmail help, where an expert would assist you to fix the issue. You can get the customer service number from our website ‘contactforhelp,’ which is an online directory. It only constitutes authentic customer service numbers.